COVID-19 Coronavirus Update

In an abundance of caution, the Utica Zoo will be closed to the public until further notice to help mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 Coronavirus. We will have a core team of animal care professionals on grounds to continue to provide top level animal care to our animals. Please refer to our Facebook page for continuous updates. Thank you.

UZ Docent Fundraiser on Etsy

April 20, 2020



FacebooktwittermailFacebooktwittermail

The Utica Zoo Docent Organization has put together a shop on Etsy as a fundraiser for the Utica Zoo!

From the Docents:

“The Etsy account is being voluntarily managed by the Docent Organization of the Utica Zoo. The Utica Zoo is a small zoo in upstate New York that is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. The docents, as educational volunteers, work to aid the Utica Zoo in achieving their mission of creating unique experiences and promoting public appreciation of wildlife through education, conservation, and recreation. Fundraising for the Utica Zoo has been a major focus of the Docent Organization in recent years, and especially today, following the COVID-19 global pandemic. The Docent Organization’s promise is to donate 75% of the proceeds made from this Etsy account directly to the Utica Zoo to aid them in caring for the over 200 animals that reside there, with the remaining 25% being used to purchase necessary materials to continue making the items sold here.  

All of our items are handmade by one of our docents or a zoo employee. Please take a look and know that your purchase will help make a difference to our beloved zoo.”

Check out the Etsy shop by CLICKING HERE